I am excited, but I'm also a little sad. This means that we're not at camp or on a working vacation. We live here now.
I miss waving at the greatest neighbors in the world out my sunny kitchen window in our little yellow cottage.
I guess it just occurred to me--I will never live there again.
That house, that neighborhood, will always be sweet to me. It's the first place I heard the thump-thump of SK's first footfalls.

It was there that our love was renewed, and grew into another son.
It's where I labored with our little RnT, and where I brought him home. I walked my two blondes--Jackson and SK (in a stroller!)--countless miles over the years.
I finally began to walk in some Truth and Freedom there, thanks be to God.
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Lord brought us here. I have no regrets about moving here. What I do regret, though, is that I let the mundane flotsam of life keep me from having friends over more often. That I worried too much about what other people would think of me to allow myself to love them well.
So, in honor of the brevity of life, the miracle of crossing paths only one Divinely designated time, I've been seizing the moments. We've already had friends over, boxes and all. And I'm not letting anyone even pass me on the sidewalk without being open to making a new friend, a new disciple. I guess it's akin to telling God, "Bring all offers."
No comments:
Post a Comment