
Earlier this week, WB said, "Ma-Ma." He was tired, hungry, and unhappy about it. He was reaching for me, and repeated it several times. Crocodile tears streamed down his flushed cheeks, and snot poured out of his nose as he dove in my direction. Awww...

Then last night, KiSA walked in the room. WB lit up, giggled, and said, "Ta-Ta." I thought I was going to have to get a mop to clean up the puddle KiSA melted into.

Also earlier this week, Friday I think it was, WB made the sign for "more" while I was feeding him. The way he was putting away the noodles, I think that the reason he might not have signed "more" before now was the food I was pushing his way. He is acting like being spoon-fed is an insult; he greatly prefers finger foods.
I'm hoping that this means he has grasped the concept of communicating through specific signs, and will soon be able to utilize more of them.

On another level of communication, SK is catching on to the idea of teasing, or joking. He is curious when KiSA and I joke with each other, and is trying to understand what it is all about. He laughs because we laugh, of course. Although he realizes that he's not getting all of it yet. "I'm a little bit big," he announced recently, "and I'm a little bit little."

No comments:
Post a Comment