SK has been coming up with some good ones lately.
While coming home from some errands, I asked him if WB was asleep. "Yeah," he said, "He runned out of gas."
*****
He woke me up early Sunday morning by shuffling back and forth on the carpet along the foot of our bed. "What are you doing?" I asked groggily. "I'm just tickling the house," he explained.
******
It has been bitterly cold the last several days. Even though I preheat the car, the boys still get chilly when I bring them out. While I was strapping him in, SK said, "I'm turning into a little boysicle!"
*******
Here is my conundrum: the boys do and say funny things faster than I can write them down. In the absence of a solution, I simply try to scribble them down on the back of the nearest envelope--or my dependable steno pad--in spare moments. And we all know there are so many of those.
Those moments have become sparer this past week, since WB discovered the joy of the kitchen counter tops. He can push a kitchen chair up to most any structure in said room, and then scale to the highest elevation thereof. These include stove tops, sink, knife drawer, canned goods, microwave--oh yes, so much fun to be had.
Yesterday, in a bid to preclude insanity, necessity became the source of this mother's invention. I grabbed a spare belt (the one too big for KiSA to wear anymore) and strapped the chairs together in the middle of the room. Now they are too heavy to scoot. Score one for mom. (I don't keep track of the boys' scores. There's that fine line between denial and positive thinking again.)
Update on the room project: The border is still 1/3 scraped off. I think my brilliant decorating predecessor attached the world's cheapest wallpaper with liquid nails.
1 comment:
I love the kidisms. I have a journal for Cora. I'm good about it now, but I know that will change! You are such a great mama.
Post a Comment