As soon as I saw the picture of that sweet baby girl in her isolette, it was as if I were standing back in the NICU. Just over four years ago, in a place now very far away, I was looking at my own little SK attached to tubes and machines. He was so beautiful.

God has worked many wonders since then. He has brought us through so much, and been tremendously faithful. Someone only has to say those four letters--N, I, C, and U--to melt the years away and set me right next to that isolette again. For a long time, that was a bad place to be.
Now, I am thankful. I see how much good has come from that time. Even now, I think that still more good is pending. God does not like suffering, He weeps with us. At the same time, He makes it yield every bit of truth, growth, and Love possible. He never wastes our pain, for it is His too.
Please join me in praying for little Harper, and all the babies who are in NICUs everywhere.
2 comments:
Amanda, I am so happy to see you have a blog. I have thought of you often and wondering what you guys are up to. Craig looks great. How much has he lost? Check out my blog to keep up with my family.
Mindi Gropp Holloway :)
Hey Amanda,
I had completely forgot that you guys had little man in the NICU. Wow how time has flown. What an amazing miracle he is. Praise the Lord.
How are you guys doing? I would love to catch up with you. Check out my blog sometime. It's currently a work in progress. Sort of switching gears and look and all.
Much Love,
Hollie aka: Groovewoman
Post a Comment