Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Richest Woman in the World

I've tried to think of ways to make this poetic and beautiful, but am tired, so will opt for simple.

My Knight in Shining Armor came home from work early yesterday, and let me know he'd been laid off.

A very important thing happened at that moment: I was at peace. There is much that God has done in my heart to bring about that state, but I am choosing to remain there. For I am, in truth, the richest woman in the world. I have a husband whom I adore, and who adores me in return. Really, we are crazy about each other. I have two precious treasures of sons and one miraculous bundle of joy on the way. I have a Father in Heaven who is everything to me, and I know who I am in Him. You can't buy these things.

We are looking forward with faith to the good to come. We appreciate your prayers and encouragement.

2 comments:

Carey said...

Amanda,
I'm so sorry to hear about Craig's job loss. We will certainly be praying for peace and direction. Your blog entry is beautiful and very touching. And I'm SO super excited about baby #3 for you guys...3 boys maybe?? :) Congratulations!

Carey

Ariana said...

This happened to us right before Cora was born. The plus side was that Matt got to be with us all day for the first 4 months of her life!

Prayers and encouragement for you my sweet friend.