So, you ask, how are we doing?
In short, we are doing good. Perspective helps.
I finished reading "New Thru 30" this morning. Except in my case, it should be titled "New Thru 8" (months). It's a plan to read through the New Testament in 30 days, which our church participated in back in January/February. Of course, the plan ends with reading Revelation. And of course, I started Revelation mere days before KiSA was laid off. A friend of mine teased me about this, saying "Only you would read Revelation during a trying time." It wasn't my plan, I told her. But it was the Lord's.
What I realized from the pairing of that book with my circumstance, is that all these temporal things will soon be dust. They're nothing. A mist. It's easier to sell, give away, and pack up things that I can see as objects, and nothing more.
People are what matter; they're what last. And though we're having to drive away from some of the most amazing, wonderful people I've ever met, the End of the Story says we'll all be together again in the End. Forever. With our King.
I cry a little, but it's only for a time.
1 comment:
I like this. I too am on the delayed reading program =). I think you are KiSA are so courageous and the Lord is indeed going to bless your family, i just know it! Love you!
Post a Comment