This is what WonderBoy calls out when he wants me to lay down with him at night. I know the boys are plenty old enough to go to sleep without being snuggled. But every time I don't spend time snuggling them at night, I regret it. I know the time will come all too soon when they won't want or need Mama at night. Sometimes, of course, it's just not practical to stay with them until our 2 1/2 year-old energizer bunny finally winds down.
But tonight, he turned over, wrapped his chubby little toddler arms around my neck, and sleepily said, "Bess Mom eber," which means, "Best Mom ever." Then he gave me a tender kiss on the cheek. He hears SuperKid say that often, but I don't care that he borrowed the phrase. I also know that they complement me when, in fact, they are needing verbal affirmation in response. So I showered on the loving words, and he gladly soaked it up.
Smart kid, that one. He's snagged me for many more snuggles for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment