Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary

I like anniversaries. I like the nostalgia, ambiguity and general mushiness of revisiting our shared memories. Celebrating and mourning together adds another support beam under our relationship that seems to grant us more strength and a deeper commitment. Plus, I like all the extra hugs and kisses.

Tomorrow will be 11 years since KiSA and I said our marriage vows. Each year, I struggle a bit more with coming up with words to adequately encapsulate this experience. Because each year adds unexpected new experiences, and I learn something new about my fellow sojourner. I'm deeply, deeply thankful for my husband. I'm humbled that God saw fit to make me the one who gets to be the witness to his life.

I'm being a bit of an early bird, here, but God brought two songs across our paths yesterday that touched the central nerve of where we seem to be right now. It's an attempt to honor the great man who is my other half, and the unfathomably good God who gave him to me.

Andrew Peterson, "Dancing in the Minefields"



Sean McConnell, "Our Love and Our Souls"

No comments: