Friday, February 1, 2008

Good, Good, Good News

Oh, I have so many things to tell you all, mostly cute little newsy things. But for now, I have to announce that my parents got the results of my father's PET and CAT scans. They were performed on Monday at the halfway point of his chemotherapy series to check progress. He has been fighting Hodgkins' Lymphoma since last fall. The tests showed dramatic improvement! We are praising God! They scheduled the second half of his treatment. It must be unbelievably tough to stay positive when staring in the face of imminent suffering.




Babu meets the newest little warrior.








At SK's third BD party. Babu and SK so handsome, and Nan so beautiful!







While I've heard people talk about how hard chemotherapy can be, I truly had no idea the degree of suffering chemotherapy patients endure. Even now, all I know is what he has told me, and what I have seen while living an hour away. Nevertheless, I now understand that these drugs can turn a person's body inside out and wring it dry. It must take a tremendous amount of courage just to get out of bed in the morning, especially when you've been awake all night. I am so proud of him, for the honesty and boldness he has displayed in this fight.

This makes me think of another person whose courage I admire. My sister-in-law has been struggling with MS for several years now with an extraordinary degree of grace and poise. She is strong and resolute, yet still has a fully functioning sense of humor, thank you very much. Both of you are inspiring to me; I just wanted you to know that.




Aunt C gets a baby fix. Thanks for coming to see us!







KiSA resumed donating platelets on Friday. He is CMV-neg, which means that his blood can be given to babies and cancer patients. And he is A-neg, which is hard to find as well. They love to see him walk through the door! I'm not sure how many gallons he's given by now, several I'm sure. I am so proud of him for taking out of his free time to do something that saves lives.
SK likes to wear the compression bandage after his daddy's done with it. This picture is from last winter (2 yrs old)--just like Daddy.

No comments: