means, I can tell we are still tired.

Check out the cheeks! Yes, those are dimples.
Since the day he was born, literally, SK has been legendary in his ability to fight sleep. Not this week, though. I've been attempting to establish some sort of daily routine. I don't know if this is an effect of that, or recuperation, or both. At any rate, we've had naps every day but one.
Ah, the old standby--falling asleep in the car. Here he is a year ago, sacked out after some big activity. Note the hand still in the snack cup, and kangaroo and baby doll on standby.
Mom (aka Nan) went to a conference in the capitol, and dropped off a care package on the way. Dad (Babu) had cooked beef roast, potatoes and carrots, and she had made some beef, barley and vegetable soup. YUM! It was so comforting and sweet to get home cooked food, made with love. They sent some small gifts as well, which kept us entertained! That wooden bead necklace looks just fabulous with SKs camo rubber boots. Thank you, guys. I only wish I could hold you and let you hold the boys. We miss you.

This is Scoop. He moves dirt and rocks.

Scoop and SK hard at work. Just like Bob the Builder.
I am glad it is supposed to be nice outside tomorrow. The walls are closin' in, ya' know? Although we did have a big outing--went to the grocery store and rented a movie out of one of those $1 a day kiosks. We got Underdog. It was cute, but still a little intense for a 3 year-old. He gets worried when anyone gets hurt or yells at each other. As soon as it was over, he looked at Jackson and said, "Mama, our puppy goin' to fly?"
Jackson playing in the leaves, Nov. '05
I bought Ice Age the other day, which we have watched ad nauseum. And my neighbor loaned us her copy of Polar Express. So we've been pretending to be either riding a train (do you have your ticket?), being a dog, being a mammoth, or all three simultaneously.
I've also been climbing mountains today. You know, Mount Washmore, Mount Foldmore and Mount Sortmore. Little RnT has moved up into 3-6 month clothes already, so I'm putting away his newborn things and pulling out the next size. And I'm trying to catch up on the laundry. RnT throws up usually once every day, and spits up many more times than that. So I change him and me several times a day. And SK has always gone through at least two outfits a day (jelly, mud, markers--all the usual suspects). Plus I'm cloth diapering both of them, and there's all the burp cloths, changing table covers, sheets, towels--it's truly a sight to see. Not a pretty one, though.

He's been my laundry helper since the beginning. That basket really looked like it needed unloading! This picture is from Jan. '06, so he was 13 months old.
I thank God again that we are healed. Especially that RnT has stayed well hydrated and almost congestion-free. I am so very relieved.
No comments:
Post a Comment