Oh, how I fussed over which shirt I was going to wear.
Our wonderful babysitter (Hey there, A!) showed up, I topped off the baby with the hollow leg, and we skedaddled. The clock was ticking though, as I didn't want to be in the middle of dinner when she called and said he was hungry again. We had a gift card to Chili's, but the wait there was 45 minutes. As we stood on the sidewalk discussing how we probably shouldn't be standing under the tree full of birds, it happened. Yup, the kind of thing that suddenly makes which blouse you're wearing irrelevant. The kind of thing where you offer the bird some toilet paper.
I almost said, "Forget it. Let's go home and eat sandwiches." But we persisted, determined to HAVE FUN, doggone it. We ended up going to an asian buffet, which we had already gone to earlier in the week. This time, though, I got to eat my food while it was still hot. Nice, very nice. The best thing about the evening? It was quiet. We were together. For our eleventh Valentine's Day together, I think we did pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment