My aunt had the table decorated for a nice lunch; it was so festive! She also had hidden easter eggs for SK to have his very own private egg hunt.
Turned out, 2/3 of them had % off coupons in them, as she had used them in her Mary Kay classes. He thought they were fortunes, and pretended to read them out loud. He was excited that he got fortunes in his eggs!
Courageous woman that she is, she also got an egg-dyeing kit with bug stickers for him.
They did it together, he had more fun, and it was not a big mess at all. I was impressed.
And the best part? Eating eggs!
They live next to the golf course, so a golf-cart ride was in order. I think the mission was to feed some ducks, but they never saw any. I don't think that diminished the excitement of the event at all, though.
And as if this all were not enough, she had made a chocolate cake. This incited one of his more common expressions these days, "May I please NEED this?"
We enjoyed them, and I think they enjoyed us. I was tired though, and so were my boys. SK, smeared with BBQ sauce, grass stains, orange dye, and icing, fell asleep before we got to the city limits.
At the time I started this entry, I added to the running total- 3.2 miles wheels, 1.5 miles on foot. Can't remember now what day that was...
No comments:
Post a Comment