On the way out and back, I spent the night at my cousins' place in Tennessee--Buzzard Holler, they call it. I had never met them, but very quickly felt at home and among family. Woof, Pooh-Bear, Heather, Patches and Barney extended us a most warm welcome.
It wasn't far to the Bible College where my great-great grandfather was an professor, and where he and my great-great grandmother are buried.
Now I know why my grandfather speaks of those hills with such fondness. It is an enchantingly beautiful part of the country.
I enjoyed staying with my friend at her aunt and uncles' home. My visit overlapped nicely with one of her friends' visit from Chicago, whom I had been wanting to meet for years. It was also nice getting to know her uncle, a very warm and kind person. She and I had a lot of catching up to do, which is apparently why I didn't take any pictures of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment