Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Like a GIANT

Sunday afternoon, SK discovered the world of tree-climbing. There are two evergreen trees side by side in our back yard, and I guess he was just curious what would happen if he put one foot above the other. He got up to 12-15 feet and started yelling excitedly. He started describing everything he could see.

"I can see everything! I'm so big and huge!" he exclaimed. He stayed up for a while, jabbering the whole time about all that was within his view.

Yesterday, he did it again, but went higher. "I'm like a giant," he yelled. "All the people will see me and say 'there's a giant!' Look at me, Mom. Look at MEEEEEE!"

I've got news for ya, kiddo. I never took my eyes off you, and I certainly held my breath.

2 comments:

Ariana said...

Remember what it was like to be invincible? I do. Tree climbing scares me now, but I used to go to the top! Boys. I wonder if Cora will be a tree climber.

Carmenona said...

All we had to climb when we where kids was the weeping willow tree in the back yard of our neighbors and the two trees in the front yard. You know those aren't tall trees at all... It would have been so cool to be able to do that.