I realized I left off with a bit of a cliffhanger about the poison ivy. End result? It is eradicated from the yard and I didn't have any reaction.
We have now harvested one pepper, one yellow squash, lettuce, spinach and herbs from our garden. The pepper and spinach were turned into vegetable enchiladas, and the squash went into a kind of fridge-and-pantry-diving pasta dish. I carefully chopped up the squash, some carrots, ham and Velveeta and tossed it with some noodles and peas. I finely chopped the basil and oregano and stirred it in. I was doing all this fine dicing and slicing because I was hoping that if the pieces were small enough, the boys would eat more vegetables. Oh, how we all did laugh.
When they were finished, do you know what I found on their plates? No pasta, and no ham, but plenty of finely chopped vegetables. Most days they'll scarf down their spinach and broccoli, but other days, it just doesn't happen. They're definitely getting enough nutrition to grow, though. I used to be able to pick them both up at the same time. Now, they're just too heavy!
Speaking of growing, yesterday WB learned how to climb up on top of the changing table. I found both of them sitting proudly up there. SK insisted that he didn't help his little brother, and sure enough, later I caught WB in the act--unassisted. He also has figured out how to unlatch the lock to the screen door to the back porch, which is off-limits to wee ones. I had to add the task of replacing the latch to my handy KiSA's ever-growing list of honey-dos!
We're enjoying a bit of summer, too. We've gone swimming once (it needs to be a lot more!) and played in the sprinkler a lot. They like wheelbarrow rides and Popsicles on the back steps, too. Now the mud rings in the tub are sticky, too.
1 comment:
Glad you aren't covered in the pink stuff! I'm enjoying summer with my tiny (more not so tiny every day!) girl.
Post a Comment