Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spiderfish

KiSA came home with a surprise about three weeks ago: Fish number 2. Aka "Son of Cheech" or "Cheech Jr.".

I didn't write about him for a few weeks in case he didn't make it. But he's still circling around his bowl, so you get to meet him.
Fish do not model well. This is the best shot I got out of probably 15. It's absurd how much time I wasted on this. So, here is the picture of the blue fish. May he live long.

That, actually, was the sum of SK's greeting to him. "You can't die like Cheech did, okay?" He decided to name him Spiderfish. (Because we're all spiders, you know. I'm Spidermom, there's Spiderbaby and Spiderdad, too.) Feeding time is a big deal, with both boys clamoring to toss in their share of pellets. The poor thing sits up on the mantel because that's the only place left in the house the boys can't get to, which dramatically increase his chances for longevity, as fish go.

WB likes to wave to him, blow kisses, and beat on his bowl. He also makes the sign for fish. SK like to tell him stories, mostly about shooting spiderwebs under water.

No comments: