...of Calamine lotion!
Actually, I hope it doesn't come to that. You see, I spent most of this morning and into the afternoon pulling poison ivy out of our backyard. It exploded this spring and had taken over the back 1/4 of the yard. It had been raining for the past two days, so the ground was nice and soft for pulling it up by the roots. I took every precaution I could, and cleaned up with Tecnu. So hopefully, there will be no rash tomorrow. At least I now know that the yard is safe for the boys.
We went to the "shark restaurant" last night. It's a local seafood place that has a large aquarium in the middle with small sharks and other tropical fish in it. That was the most well-behaved WB has been at a restaurant in a long time. Both boys were fascinated! A friend introduced him to ice cubes, and he has been throwing fits to get the ice out of our drinks at restaurants. He also has discovered the myriad ways to have fun with a straw. Exploring food is a big deal right now, such as when he realized that banana slices roll. Table manners aren't high on a toddler's list, but fun is!
Also today, KiSA discovered that WB has cut a molar--his first. It is on the upper right side. I'd like to think that was the source of the tantrums and moodiness, but I know I'd be kidding myself.
SK has been cracking me up lately. He is into knock-knock jokes lately. The only problem is that he doesn't really know many. So he makes up nonsense words or just says silly stuff, and it is actually funny because of the way he says it. He is learning more letters and numbers, as I have made a more concerted effort to spend time working on it. He loves doing craft projects, which I try to center around a letter, number or concept. We talked about the concept of "half" the other day while making baker's clay. Just as I thought he grasped it, he asks, "Mom, can I put the color drops in? And can I stir?" I have learned that if I am not directly in front of his face or touching him, he most likely is not internalizing what I am saying. But he is getting much better about taking instrucions and doing a sequence of tasks. He is such a big kid now.
One thing I'm enjoying is his singing ability. He can carry a pretty good tune, and likes to make up his own words to songs. It is a lot of fun to listen to.
There is a growing pile of clothes on their dresser that no longer fit. WB now weighs 22 pounds, but he is tall. SK weighs 40 pounds, and is likewise tall. It is so an adventure and a blessing to watch them grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment