Monday, January 14, 2008

Birth Story

Happy one month birthday, baby!

Here's the press release version: I went into labor at 12:30 a.m. on Friday, December 14th. Got to the hospital at 3:30 a.m. RnT was born at 6:51 a.m. He was 8 lbs., 7.5 oz, 19 1/2 in., and beautiful. We had a wonderful, amazing birth experience, and it was all natural!

That was also SK's 3rd birthday. We did not plan for that to happen, but that's alright.

Now, for those of you who would like more details, I have almost finished writing the novella about it (that's why you haven't gotten your thank-you notes). Just email me a request for the birth story and I'll send it to you.

This is the only picture we got during the actual labor, because it just happened so fast and was so intense. That's me signing some document apparently urgent enough that I had to sign it DURING LABOR, so I have no clue what it said. The lady with us is our doula, which is Greek for "amazing person who helps keep you sane." KiSA was tremendous, of course.

4 comments:

Jim Garrett said...

Amamda,
What a way to document a childs early development.
Thanks for including us.

I'd like a copy of the more complete version of the Birth Story.

Jim Garrett

ally said...

amanda,
i'm so happy everything went well!


i got your voicemail today--it made my day :) tell caleb he is so sweet and that i miss him too! hopefully i'll see you guys soon!

love,
allie

Unknown said...

Amanda,

Thank you for sending the baby pictures!

-Francie

Jill said...

Wow....I really like your blog. I look forward to learning more about how to do it myself...including photos!! I only have about 500 or so to choose from!