The truth of it is, I'll never get another chance to say thank you beyond what I already have. The kindness of a stranger, while profound, is fleeting. I guess part of it's beauty is that it is so ephemeral. And the undying love of those who are more permanently woven into our lives keeps extending itself. To keep saying thanks gets embarrassing after a while. At times, though, I am overcome with gratitude that I need to express it anyway.
To the pharmacy tech who congratulated me on the birth of my son, and said, "God bless you,"--Thank you.
To the nice lady who picked up SK's shoe, set it in the cart, and gave me a kind look and walked away without having to comment because he had kicked them off in the middle of a fantastic tantrum next to the pickles in my first attempt at a grocery trip with two kids--Thank you.
To the people who gave us a car--Thank you.
To my husband for getting up and going to work, doing a great job, and keeping us going without complaint--Thank you.
To all the people who brought us food and gifts after RnT was born--Thank you.
To the preschool teacher who was beautifully diplomatic in suggesting more appropriate behaviors for school--Thank you.
To the other mom who assured me that it happens all the time and she was sure my son was a sweet boy--Thank you.
To the Nurse who affirmed me as a mother and helped me stop beating myself up--Thank you.
To my friends and family that call and come by--Thank you.
To the woman who helped SK get a drink out of the water fountain when my hands were full and it was too tall--Thank you.
To the person who returned my dog, and even gave him hot dogs and played with him while you had him--Thank you.
It is when I am in need (which seems to be often these days) that I discover all the nice people in the world. You who are not on the list, and you know you've done me a kindness; please accept this, once again, as my thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment